Abuse Hurts has been of service to First Nations in a variety of ways. Over the last several years, we have worked with First Nations in the following areas:
- Provision of services and product (ongoing).
- Creating public awareness of First Nation issues, particularly the needs of residential school survivors.
- Helped rebuild a community centre on the Six Nations Reserve (2012).
- Hosted First Nations guest speakers on Living Clean (weekly television show on addictions and trauma, 2010-2015)
- Featured articles regarding and/or written by First Nations Peoples in our eZine (2011-2015).
- Designated by Indian Residential School Adjudication Secretariat to assist First Nations survivors in Saskatchewan with their healing during the adjudication phase of compensation.
- In conjunction with the Indian Residential School Adjudication Secretariat, we offered workshops addressing survivor needs and the healing process.